Thursday, April 15, 2021

So I'm Receiving Recognition

Hi readers, 

First off, I know this title may be a little clickbait. I acknowledged it, so it's not greedy!

Anyways, apparently I am in the top 5% of my graduating class, which consists of about 280 students I think. If you do the math, that means I am one of 14 students. 

Now, if you're reading this, you probably know me. And if you know me, you probably know that I'm an idiot who applies himself when interested. 

So how did I manage to rise to the top 5%? Dedication. Effort. Focus. Respect. Punctiliousness.

I also feel it's because some of my classes have not been the most challenging. In fact, in my freshman year I took your typical, college-prep classes. Why? I was not as dedicated or as interested in the sciences as I am now. But thanks to robotics and friends, I have changed by ways and look forward to challenge! Especially programming challenges!

For this recognition, I did have to choose a mentor. It doesn't matter what relation you have with the mentor, as long as they influenced your education. So naturally, who better than a robotics mentor? I selected my team's head mentor; let's call him Joe. So Joe has been here about the same length of time I have, and we became very close throughout this experience. My brother and I still learn, build, and even snowmobile with Joe! I could not be more proud of my selection, who also happens to be a frequent reader!

I'll update you guys with my "keys to success" once I develop them. 

By the way, still first in our division, but 20th in the world unfortunately (I think I'll live). 

I worked my first double shift last Sunday too! Super fun and adrenalizing! I really enjoyed transporting my coworkers, which actually included a team member's sister! But at the end of the day, the radio was the coolest part!

Lastly, I am developing a series of lessons for teaching students who to program on my team. Or, at least how I think programming and the programming department should look. I will share all of this eventually, but I want to finish it first!

I also have some very exciting events approaching, but I will wait to share those until next time!

Once again, thank you for reading!

The Questionable Programmer

"A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning." 

- Brad Henry


No comments:

Post a Comment

Twentieth Birthday Eve

 Hi everyone, I know it's been a while since my last post, but I am certainly in a much better mindset now! Blogging, firefighting, and ...